Dear EJS Mind Science Conference Participant:
We are excited to have you join us this Friday and Saturday at our conference, “Fighting Racism and Other Forms of Bias: What’s Working!?”
Below is some information you will find helpful as you prepare to attend. Please be sure to read in full.
Oakland Marriott City Center
Oakland, CA 94607
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION
- The conference is just steps from many AC Transit bus lines and the 12th Street Oakland City Center BART station.
- Public transportation is highly encouraged.
- Driving Directions/Map
- Street parking is extremely limited.
- Parking garage entrance is on 11th Street and Clay Street. Valet parking is available at the front entrance of the Oakland Marriott City Center.
- Self-Parking Fee: $40/day
- Valet Parking Fee: $45/day
- Please keep in mind that it is SF Pride weekend, and traffic in and out of San Francisco may be impacted. Allow yourself plenty of travel time.
- Registration will open at 8:00 am on both days in the Skyline Room (21st Floor). Plenary sessions, breakfast, lunch, and some breakout sessions will also take place in the Skyline Room. All other breakouts will take place on the 2nd Floor.
- Marriott Site Maps
- Conference Session Locations
- Please be sure to attend the breakout sessions you signed up for when registering – we have limited space in the smaller rooms and need to ensure we do not have an overflow.
Hard copies of the conference program will be provided at registration, as well as name badges. Please be sure to bring both with you on day 2 of the conference – we are trying to conserve resources and be kind to the trees!
Presenter materials will be made available to download and print or to view on your devices on our conference website: http://equaljusticesociety.org/mindscience.
Conference staff will be on site to provide assistance, information, or support at any time during the conference. Please feel free to approach anyone with badges labeled “Staff” or “Volunteers”.
If you require services for accessibility or mobility, please see any of our staff at the registration desk.
Our conference hashtag is #MindScience2018.
Meeting rooms will not have Wi-Fi access. However, the lobby and public areas of the hotel do offer complimentary Wi-Fi, if needed.
While EJS does not have a dress code – we welcome guests to come as they are – suggested attire is business casual.
Following the conference, we will have digital audio available of all panels available at http://equaljusticesociety.org/mindscience. The audio may exclude portions of presentations that are embargoed or proprietary.
Thank you again for joining us. We appreciate your participation and look forward to engaging and meaningful discussions!
EQUAL JUSTICE SOCIETY