The Equal Justice Society continues to strengthen its role in the racial justice movement as one of the county’s few legal organizations fighting modern-day discrimination by intersecting the law, race, and social science.
EJS is part of The Resistance. This past year we have:
- Settled a lawsuit that resulted in the implementation of a comprehensive program that will bring mind science concepts such implicit bias to the staff and faculty of local high schools in Bakersfield.
- Held a conference on the Resilience of Racism.
- Spoke out forcefully against white supremacy and published the weekly newsletter This Week in White Supremacy.
- Strengthened our coalition building by staffing the Good Ally Collaborative and the California Civil Rights Coalition.
- Provided trainings on combating racism and implicit bias, and speaking at numerous events sharing our insights on how to support resistance efforts to protect communities under attack.
And so much more!
Here’s how you can help us continue our critical work:
- Make a secure, online donation right now;
- Write a check payable to the Equal Justice Society and mail your donation to the Equal Justice Society, 1939 Harrison Street, Suite 818, Oakland, CA 94612;
- Call us at 415-288-8700 to learn more about our road map to litigation, pledge your support, or find out how you can help; and
- Use AmazonSmile to donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to EJS.
All donations to EJS are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. EJS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our federal tax identification number is 20-0490698.
We are grateful for your continued love and support!