The Peacemaker taught us about the Seven Generations. He said, when you sit in council for the welfare of the people, you must not think of yourself or of your family, not even of your generation. He said, make your decisions on behalf of the seven generations coming, so that they may enjoy what you have today.” – Oren Lyons (Seneca), Faithkeeper, Onondaga Nation
Mother Earth Needs Our Support: “World Scientists’ Warning of a Climate Emergency” – Join Us on November 18
Mother Earth is in danger. We want to be part of a worldwide movement to reverse the current trend towards destruction.
Please join us on November 18 at the Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline Berkeley (across the Ashby BART station), for a dancing party from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to raise money to help Mother Earth.
We are requesting donations be made directly to: People’s Fund of Maui, PONOlegal, and/or VISION (Voices In Solidarity Against Oil In Neighborhoods).
Music will be provided by Phat Luv and the Coolerators (Elizabeth Cabraser, David Chiu, Paula Collins, Bill Hing, Bob Hirsch, Jasmine Hulett, Eva Paterson, Brad Seligman, Cheryl Stevens, and Bill Tamayo).
- Julia Collins: Planet FWD whose vision is decarbonizing the consumer goods sector to fight climate change.
- Richard Drury: Three-time California Lawyer Magazine Attorney of the Year – Environmental Law
- Susan Henderson: Executive Director, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
- Heidi Ho: USF Law Professor working with PONO Legal – providing free legal services to those impacted by the Maui fires
- Kobi Naseck: Coalition Director for VISIÓN (Voices in Solidarity Against Oil in Neighborhoods)
- Eva Paterson: OG
- Bianca Sierra Wolff: Executive Director, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the SF Bay Area
Join us for fun in the service of the planet! RSVP by Monday, November 13 to Ginger at email@example.com.
Co-sponsors: ACLU of Northern California, Advancing Justice-Asian Law Caucus, Alameda County, Bar Association, Child Care Law Center, Contra Costa Senior Legal Services, DREDF, Equal Justice Society, Equal Rights Advocates, Futures Without Violence, La Raza Centro Legal San Francisco, Legal Link, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the SF Bay Area, National Lawyers Guild-SF Bay Area, and OneJustice
PLEASE SEND FINANCIAL SUPPORT DIRECTLY TO THE BENEFICIARY ORGANIZATIONS
People’s Fund of Maui
VISIÓN is a coalition of frontline, environmental justice, and public health organizations working to stop neighborhood drilling in California. Members include:
The Center for Race Poverty and the Environment
Central Valley Air Quality Coalition
Physicians for Social Responsibility Los Angeles
Central California Environmental Justice Network
Communities for a Better Environment
Central California Asthma Collaborative
California Environmental Justice Alliance Action
Asian Pacific Environmental Network