The Equal Justice Society, American Constitution Society for Law & Policy, and California ChangeLawyers co-host a presentation and panel discussion for lawyers and law students exploring how progressives can develop a pipeline to the federal judiciary from law schools through clerkships and legal careers resulting in qualified progressive jurists appointed by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
- U.S. District Court Judge Thelton Henderson
- Berkeley Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky,
- ACS President Caroline Fredrickson
- EJS President Eva Paterson
- California ChangeLawyers Executive Director Christopher Punongbayan
- Law student Oscar Sarabia Roman
Monday, August 26, 2019
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, San Francisco
The event is free. RSVP by August 22:
Conservatives succeeded in transforming the judiciary into an ideological tool for their special interests by nurturing a vast and efficient network of law students and attorneys into jurists. Our panelists will discuss how we can build the necessary structures for progressive law students and attorneys to become successful candidates for the federal bench.