Let us begin this week’s addition of TWIWS with a deep breath, words of wisdom, and the beauty of nature, courtesy of the Sierra Club’s Daily Ray of Hope:
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
– William Arthur Ward
- Alabama state House votes to end special elections.
- Trump’s roundup of immigrant leaders has begun.
- Maine town manager leads ‘pro-white’ segregation group.
- US border patrol routinely sabotages water left for migrants.
- White supremacist writing State of the Union address.
- White supremacist wants to kill CNN employees.
- University of Alabama expels student for saying she hates ‘niggers.’
- Charges dropped against only officer to face criminal charges related to Sandra Bland’s death.
- Tucker Carlson guest defends white supremacists and claims that Hispanics in Arizona represent the end of American society.
- ‘I just don’t like Muslim people’: Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist and anti-gay remarks.
- White supremacists responsible for most extremist killings in 2017.
- This video explains how Tucker Carlson is normalizing white supremacy.
- Flint still doesn’t have clean water.
- This is what a former assistant police chief told a recruit about catching juveniles smoking pot.
- Judicial nominee doubts existence of implicit bias in criminal justice system.
- Woman says AutoZone fired her after encounter with racist shopper.
- Shannon Carey’s tweet.
- April Ryan: I’ve received death threats.
- Video of police officer throwing arrested teen to ground sparks outrage.
- Former producer claims Trump said ‘despicable’ racist comments about Blacks, Jews in taped ‘Apprentice’ meetings.
- Trump administration blocks Haitians from temporary work visas.
- Tweet by Sherrilyn Ifill.
Send any items you find to: ThisWeekinWhiteSupremacy@equaljusticesociety.org