- White Americans support welfare programs — but only for themselves. Salon
- Trump’s attacks on LeBron fit a disturbing pattern. CNN
- Washington utility company sends Black woman racial slur as temporary password. The Root
- Worker charged with sexually molesting eight children at immigrant shelter. ProPublica
- House of Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel vandalized in Romania. The Guardian
- San Francisco 49ers player Richard Sherman blasted Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones over his position on the NFL’s national anthem policy. Ebony
- Months after her dad was deported, young girl still alone in U.S. shelter. KQED
- Senator Patty Murray: “Civil rights, including the rights of people with disabilities, are on the line with the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh.” @PattyMurray
- Rich, white 18-year-old who drove getaway car during killing of Black man acquitted of all charges, now plans to study law. The Root
- REPORT: Out of the Shadows: An Analysis of Sexual Harassment Charges Filed by Working Women. NWLC
- Nicole Byer on being Black in America. @nicolebyer
- Now the Trump administration wants to limit citizenship for legal immigrants. NBC News
- The Trump administration is preventing detained immigrants from practicing their religion. ACLU
- Robert Rundo, a member of the white supremacist group Rise Above Movement, has said he and fellow members are “fans” of the “14 Words” slogan. @frontlinepbs
- Her husband’s killers told her she was next. These days, that’s not enough for asylum. NY Times
- Voters are being deleted from the rolls at a significantly higher rate than they were a decade ago, creating the possibility that an increasing number of citizens will be disenfranchised in the 2018 midterm elections and beyond. Mother Jones
- “#ThrowbackThursday to 2009, when Congress passed a simple resolution to recognize the role slaves played in the construction of the U.S. Capitol Building. The bill passed 399-1. Of course, @SteveKingIA was the one vote against.” @Scholten4Iowa
- Puerto Rico: 1,400 died from hurricane but toll still at 64. AP News
- Tweet by Qasim Rashid, Esq. @MuslimIQ
- 11-year-old girl stealing from Kroger market shocked with Taser. CBS News
- Racist Patriots fan tries to boot Black woman from neighborhood. The Root
- “Has your power ever gone out for a day or two? Imagine if you had to go without for 10 months. It has been 317 days since Puerto Rico had full power.” @Deoliver47
AND NOW FOR SOME GOOD NEWS
Judge orders full restart of DACA program.
Federal disability policy office proposed.
D.C.’s all-Black little league team wins championship.
Economic justice: low-income Detroiters to keep their homes.
LeBron’s education promise needs to become this country’s promise.
Floyd Bonner becomes the first African-American elected sheriff in Shelby County.
Never miss a week! Reply to this email to subscribe to TWIWS.
Send any items you find to: ThisWeekinWhiteSupremacy@equaljusticesociety.org