- 40% of the nation’s largest corporations (Amazon, PayPal, Oracle) do not have a single Black Corporate Director. To see the complete list of the 197 companies from the S&P 500 without Black Directors, click here.
- ICE wants to destroy its records of in-custody deaths, sexual assault, and other detainee files.
- Senator Tim Scott had to school President Trump on our country’s history of violent racism. When the White House tweeted out a photo, he was identified as Tom Scott. Lord have mercy.
- Motel 6 in Latino neighborhoods in Phoenix apparently share their guest lists with ICE. “We send a report every morning.”
- Jacksonville Jaguars hire quarterback who has thrown only 9 times in the NFL. Colin Kaepernick still unemployed.
- At the Emmy’s, Stephen Colbert lauds increased diversity but fails to talk about Asian-Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans (not exactly white supremacy but still)
- In St. Louis, Officer Jason Stockley who shot and killed Anthony Lamar Smith, an unarmed Black man, said he was “going to kill this motherfucker, don’t you know it.” Stockley was overheard telling another officer to drive into Smith’s slowing car. After a trial, Smith was acquitted.
- When Obama was in office, only 30% of white evangelicals would forgive a president’s immoral behavior. Now 72% would. Jesus wept.
- Native American actor Adam Beach denounced Hollywood’s whitewashing of indigenous narratives.
- The White House calls for the firing of ESPN’s Jemele Hill for calling Trump a white supremacists.
- Last Friday was the 54th anniversary of the terrorist attack on the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham conducted by KKK white supremacists. Trump was 17 at the time. Despite this, Senator Scott (see item #3 ) had to educate Trump about the history of violent white supremacy in this country.
- Brent Patrick Ahlers a white security officer from St. Louis Park Minnesota accidentally shot himself and falsely blamed in on a non-existent Black man.
- An Ohio fireman was suspended but not fired for a Facebook post stating that he would rescue a dog from a burning building before saving a nigger. He said “one’s man’s dog is more important than a million niggers.”
- Jefferson Beauregard Sessions ends an Obama-era program, Community Office of Policy (COPS) that scrutinized the shortcomings of police departments.
- One of Trump’s nominees for the post of US Attorney cited the Dred Scott decision in a brief in a positive manner.
This website posts a weekly list of small victories – because we can use all the love & positivity we can get!
Send any items you find to ThisWeekinWhiteSupremacy@equaljusticesociety.org.