- Muslims describe being confronted at pool: ‘we’re portrayed as troublemakers.’ New York Times
- Nia Wilson’s stabbing death hits close to home for Damian Lillard. The Undefeated
- Police held Ving Rhames at gunpoint in his own home after a neighbor told 911 ‘a large Black man’ had broken in. Blavity
- A man was shot to death while defending his friend against racial slurs. CNN
- Fox News host: Trump wants the ‘best’ immigrants, not ‘some guy’s uncle from Zimbabwe’. The Hill
- A 6-year-old girl was sexually abused in an immigrant-detention center. The Nation
- “White man hits Indian-Canadian woman with car and announces: ‘I’m racist as f–k. I don’t like you, I don’t like her. I would kill your children first.’” @SikhProf
- Mother says medics denied her daughter an ambulance ride because they assumed she couldn’t afford it – her daughter died days later. The Root
- American white people really hate being called “white people”. Vox
- A Black woman says Wells Fargo didn’t want to cash her check. She’s suing for discrimination. Washington Post
- Immigrant youth shelters: “If you’re a predator, it’s a gold mine.” ProPublica
- Immigrant mom loses effort to regain son given to US parents. ABC News
- HHS official who made anti-Muslim comments and spread conspiracy theories resigns. CNN
- A migrant boy rejoins his mother, but he’s not the same. New York Times
- Race of mass shooters influences how the media cover their crimes. The Conversation
- ICE detainee diagnosed with schizophrenia spent 21 days in solitary confinement, then took his own life. The Intercept
- Tweet by Qasim Rashid, Esq. @MuslimIQ
- “As we mourn #NiaWilson, let us recognize the violence experienced by Black women in America as a whole. Though less discussed, Black women experience police violence at disproportionate rates, accounting for 33% of women killed by police.” W. Kamau Bell
- Victims of sexual abuse by UN peacekeepers find little support or justice. IRIN News
- How white supremacists split a quiet Rust Belt town. Washington Post
- Black woman manhandled by 3 cops at Alabama Waffle House found guilty of disorderly conduct. The Root
- 2 New Orleans officers charged after allegedly beating man. Victim says he was called a ‘fake American’. CNN
- Separated parents were “totally unaware” they had waived their right to be reunified with their children. BuzzFeed
- VIDEO: Safeway workers call 911 on Black woman seen handing out food to the homeless. KPIX
- Hundreds of U.S. prisons and ICE detention centers are built on toxic sites, and people inside are getting sick. The Outline
AND NOW FOR SOME GOOD NEWS
At Starbucks’s new D.C. store, employees will know sign language.
Trump’s attempt to quash emoluments lawsuit is denied.
Philadelphia will no longer let ICE access arrest database.
United Airlines donates flights to reunite immigrant families.
HELPFUL NEWS: Inside the mind of Donald Trump: How not to let him drive you crazy.
Never miss a week! Click here to subscribe to TWIWS.
Send any items you find to: ThisWeekinWhiteSupremacy@equaljusticesociety.org