The Equal Justice Society would like to express our appreciation to the co-sponsors, presenters, and participants who made last Saturday’s Voter Mobilization & Protection Summit possible!
We had nearly 800 unique viewers of the summit, which was held online and livestreamed on Facebook. Watch the video above. It’s also available on https://votersummit.org.
Thank you to our co-sponsors: California Civil Rights Coalition, New Georgia Project, SEIU 1021, She The People, Advancement Project (National Office), Advancement Project California, Indivisible East Bay, Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund, Disability Rights California, Free Speech for People, The Bar Association of San Francisco, Transformative Justice Coalition, and The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
And special thanks to our speakers!
- Aimee Allison, She the People
- Alex Burch, New Georgia Project
- Barbara Arnwine, Transformative Justice Coalition
- Chynna Baldwin, The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Fred Nisen, Disability Rights California
- Ion Y., Indivisible East Bay
- James Chiong, SEIU 1021
- Jeralyn Cave, Advancement Project – National
- Jessica Barker, Vision Movement 2020
- Meher Dhaliwal, Equal Justice Society
- Nse Ufot, The New Georgia Project
- Rev. Eddie Hailes, Advancement Project – National
- Rev. T. Anthony Spearman, Organizer
- Sharon J. Hill, Organizer
- Stacey Hopkins, Organizer
We also want to thank Linh Nguyen from Indivisible East Bay for providing the webinar platform; Nse Ufot and the New Georgia Project for covering the cost of the captioning; Deanna Baker for the captioning; and Melissa Male and Susan Henderson for helping us secure the Ed Roberts Center in Berkeley as the venue for the summit before we converted it to a virtual event due to the COVID-19 crisis.
We will soon have information on ways that folks can connect with specific activities and with our partner organizations and will share that when it’s ready.