The ACLU of Georgia on Sept. 1 released a report by the Palast Investigative Fund titled Georgia Voter Roll Purge Errors that concluded the State had likely removed in 2019 the voter registrations of nearly 200,000 Georgia citizens on the grounds that they had moved from the address on their voter registration application. However, none of these citizens had moved, according to Advanced Address List Hygiene. Unsurprisingly, the state’s removals will likely affect the most vulnerable: young voters, voters of lower income, and citizens of racial groups that have been denied their sacred right to vote in the past. Members of the Georgia General Assembly must rectify this egregious error. (read more)
THE GOOD NEWS FIRST:
- SI College Football on Twitter: ““You can’t relate to that if you’re white, but you can listen and you can try to help because this is not okay.” Kirk Herbstreit with a powerful and emotional statement this morning on College Gameday https://bit.ly/3m8RAWk
- NAACP on Twitter: “Happy Birthday to civil rights activist #RubyBridges https://t.co/OEqYg1ozh9” / Twitter https://bit.ly/3k4P817
AND NOW THE NEWS RELATED TO WHITE SUPREMACY:
- Former NASA Astronaut: Dealing With Police As A Black Man Is Scarier Than Space | HuffPost https://bit.ly/3m4v9Sh
- Jason Vaughn, Ahmaud Arbery’s high school coach, fights for justice in player’s death – The Washington Post https://wapo.st/3k6SWPs
- Messenger: A fake Facebook post about St. Louis schools goes viral with MAGA crowd and racism ensues | Tony Messenger | stltoday.com https://bit.ly/33in1ov
- More Than Ever, Trump Casts Himself as the Defender of White America – The New York Times https://nyti.ms/33k9exB
- Big audience for protest of race training » Albuquerque Journal https://bit.ly/3maIWqw
- Oscars’ inclusion rules spark controversy. Academy responds – Los Angeles Times https://lat.ms/33lLvgA
Never miss a week! Subscribe to TWIWS.
Send any items you find to TWIWS@equaljusticesociety.com.